The final budget decisions are being made on Monday.
We are getting some traction, but need to strongly urge our Senators to advocate for us. Word is that Auburn has been re-classified as a High Needs District.
WHY NOT US and the other 22 schools that have higher needs? Now is NOT the time for politics!
Call Senators Griffo and Ritchie and:
- Ask them why we are not re-classified
- Ask them to fight for us. Make sure you have them take your name and contact information, so they can report back to you with an explanation.
- Ask them to sign on to Addie Russell’s school aid reform legislation.
Potsdam – Joe Griffo: (518) 455-3334
Canton – Patty Ritchie: (518) 455-3438
Call these Senators to urge them to:
- Reclassify Canton (Potsdam for Potsdam folks) as high needs schools
- Get the formula reform language that is in the Assembly budget proposal (the end of the .65 floor) — into the final budget
- End the GEA
John Flanagan (Senate Education Committee Chair): 518-455-2071
Jeffrey Klein (Independent Democratic Caucus): (518) 455-3595
Senator Tom Libous (Deputy Majority Leader; Upstate Caucus): (518) 455-2677